Wednesday 22 August 2012

iWANT !!!


“Would you like a seat, dear? “Oh no, thanks”, she replies enthusiastically .Putting up her best, “Oh-please-like-me-face”. Tcheew.Champagne, Wine, Juice...?”. “Whatever you’ve got is good enough for me”. “I’ve got a wife and two kids, but what I feel for you is so strong”...It’s ok, as long as you love me right!

Gradually being dragged into a web of lies and deceit of the worst kind. Constantly saying to yourself that we all are to take whatever life gives to us.Poison in little doses...The well-worn mantra of “half bread is better”; an evenly-spread epidemic.
More and more people accepting less because they are afraid to ask for more. Afraid to hear the dreaded two-letter word “NO”.

Standing behind a self constructed wall of over-exaggerated height. Content with the fading grass beneath your feet because when life gives you lemons...blah blah blah..
The ONLY worthy fear in life is Fear itself. As we daily settle to take less from life,we do less,and gradually become what we fear...LESS.

What we fail to see is that for everytime we have said No when we really wanted to say Yes.For everytime we’ve smiled when, we have all we really just wanted to pull our hair and scream. For EVERY time we have cowered behind ourselves in a false guise of contentment,we have gradually given away pieces of ourselves.

I’ve only recently just come out of that dreadful place and I am not afraid or ashamed to say it. Not afraid of what you might say, what you might think of me. I want what I want, I want it Now, I want it ALL. The whole nine yards, the whole 9 yards. Not just the dream...The REALITY,So help me God.

7 comments:

Ebunblogs said...

Me likey

The Law said...

Not bad at all!

adewale said...

Nice dearie. When we fear, we die to ourselves, when we dare, we live!

Unknown said...

I had a sneak peek ☀̤̣̈̇f this piece sometime ago from ur book ☀̤̣̈̇f little secrets(misterious grin). Nicely written sweetie, please gimme more.

Kesh said...

"I want what I want, I want it Now, I want it ALL......" well said darling! but its not just fear that holds us back sometime we find ourselves settling becos of what our society or our culture expects. Also most peeps settle cos of lack of determination.

Anonymous said...

nice....

aniekan said...

Very powerful words "Standing behind a self constructed wall of over-exaggerated height. Content with the fading grass beneath your feet because when life gives you lemons...blah blah blah.."